This is a forum dedicated to Zelda hacking (specifically A Link To The Past).

HomeGalleryROM MapLatest imagesRAM MapRegisterLog in

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil

Go down 
+3
MOTE
wiiqwertyuiop
Aeranima
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Aeranima

Aeranima

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:21 am

SePH wrote:
*goes back to the drawing board*

Could actually help if you would set me some guidelines for the castle area! It's easy to create an area but it can be tricky to create an area from someone's else vision! Otherwise, cheer up! Well get through that area! Could also help me if you told me what needs to be changed.

That bridge will be quite usefull aswell. Thanks for that Smile

SePH, here are some guidelines! albino

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img839/6008/hyrulecastle.png
Ok, the guidelines are simple:

- 2 screens (top & bottom).
- Built inside/on the mountain. (Preview available on what I had in mind available in the link above).
- Top screen (view over the landscape).
- Bottom screen (castle entrance).
- Secret entrance from 'Thieves Grove'. (LEFT SIDE - as shown in the template). *Important*

And here you got the 3 final areas relating to the castle I haven't done yet on the Light World:

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img832/9500/sampleqi.png
Ok, so basically, look at the first link, I posted another castle in there that I've used as reference. Download the castle area template provided in the second link and have fun! Very Happy

lol!

Edit:

And of course, I'm open to your ideas as well of what to improve and not. And you've got the entire overworld image I sent you a while back in a pm so use it as you draw the castle. I'm sure you'll do a great job!

-Aeranima
Back to top Go down
https://hh-zelda-hacking.forumotion.com/t57-the-legend-of-zelda-
SePH

SePH

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:20 pm

I'm pretty sure you're unaware, but the game doesn't allow to make rectangle areas!

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Rectangle-areas

Each area has to be either a small or a big square:

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Small-areas-1 The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Large-areas-1

Now for your castle area, you want to have two rectangle areas:

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 W1

Since you can't create rectangle areas... you're faced with two options.

Either create one large square area for the castle:

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 W2

Or divide the area in four smaller squares:

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 W3

Another exemple where it can be problematic is the third rectangle area which can only be made of two small squares:

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 W4
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:56 pm

Ok Seph! Thanks for that info! Lucky for me, Kakariko Village is the only "rectangle" area left "rectangle" so a few changes to it will occur tomorrow! As for the castle, I guess we go with a 1 big square or 4 small ones! As for the rectangle area you've posted, it's still a WIP area which can be changed into whatever we'd like! So do as you may please with the castle design! Those 2 areas are in your hands.

Preview of how far I've gotten on the overworld. You start to see slight changes on it! (Around desert entrance and dwarven swordsmiths area) I make sure I send you the entire overworld within a pm tomorrow! Here's a small preview.

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Greathyrulelightworld

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Greathyrulepassage

-Aeranima
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 2:42 pm

Update!

I've fixed the squared areas now. Enjoy!

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Kakarikovillagepassage

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Plainsofruinoutskirt

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Bridgeoffailure

Any pointers? Critiques? Comments?

-Aeranima
Back to top Go down
Puzzledude

Puzzledude

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 5:56 pm

Nice, however not only that the program requires squared areas, the passage between big and small area must be toward the center of the border line of the small area. The passage between many small areas, 4 together, must not be toward the center of all areas but the closest to the center of the border lines. There is also a problem with switching between areas with different gfx. The in-game visual area must not contain different gfx tiles.

Do you see that passage in the village, it will not work in the game. The solid tiles must be mimicked between areas (horizontal house is ok, the well, that you can fall in is not). The upper passage is to close to the vertex of all 4 areas (scroll will not work). But Im sure you can fix this after the first testing.

Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Puzzledude wrote:
Nice, however not only that the program requires squared areas, the passage between big and small area must be toward the center of the border line of the small area. The passage between many small areas, 4 together, must not be toward the center of all areas but the closest to the center of the border lines. There is also a problem with switching between areas with different gfx. The in-game visual area must not contain different gfx tiles.

Do you see that passage in the village, it will not work in the game. The solid tiles must be mimicked between areas (horizontal house is ok, the well, that you can fall in is not). The upper passage is to close to the vertex of all 4 areas (scroll will not work). But Im sure you can fix this after the first testing.

...aaah what the hell. XD Issues upon issues! Wtf, I haven't even started building the game yet and I still have things to think of. XD Well ok! Thanks for taking your time giving me some more info! It will definitely be useful! I'll make sure I keep it in mind!

-Aeranima
Back to top Go down
SePH

SePH

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 1:40 am

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Image22-1

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Image21

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Image19-1

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Image20

I'm following the guidelines as close as I can do!
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 6:15 am

SePH wrote:
The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Image22-1

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Image21

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Image19-1

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Image20

I'm following the guidelines as close as I can do!

Much, much better seph! You're an angel!

-Aeranima
Back to top Go down
SePH

SePH

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:50 am

Because the old cemetary wasn't spooky enough, it had to be tweaked!

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Image13

Let's just say, it's progressing relatively well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 5:50 am

SePH wrote:
Because the old cemetary wasn't spooky enough, it had to be tweaked!

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Image13

Let's just say, it's progressing relatively well Very Happy

Lol, there's not suppose to be a cemetary there. XD But it looks awesome. XD But the trees are for dark world. XD Wtf. XD Why the cemetary ended up left there is because I used the original Alttp map as overlay to edit my overworld. XD But I'll definitely make sure to use your tiles for it. Razz I love the color palette. Razz

-Aeranima

Edit:

Aaah what the hell. Razz Now you just fkd with my head. XD The castle road should be a noble road. Not a spooky one. XD What the heck. Razz Just leave the damn cemetary there. XD It looks too got to be destroyed. Razz

Btw, do you use msn or something? Razz

-Aeranima
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 12:18 pm

I've received a number of crazy feedback emails from people seeing this thread! I just want to thank you all for still keeping an interest in this project. To celebrate my fantastic mood I will post a spoiler on that mountain I promised you.

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Hyrulei
NOTE: The mountain will be more "blue-ish" when finished. Still working on it! Bare with me! And the forest have been build on as well! Enjoy!

Aeranima
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 9:20 am

http://tloz3-ii.weebly.com/

Project is continuing!
Back to top Go down
Omen267901

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Aeranima wrote:
http://tloz3-ii.weebly.com/

Project is continuing!
Thank you so much. BTW, will there be a forum on your site? It would probably help fans communicate. Also, I wish I could help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4