This is a forum dedicated to Zelda hacking (specifically A Link To The Past).

HomeGalleryROM MapLatest imagesRAM MapRegisterLog in

I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jandazekon

I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies Empty
PostSubject: I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies   I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 7:25 pm

Hyrule magic says that all 4 rooms is only one room. And i know i only can have either a small key or big key. I can't have both. I want the enemies in one of the 4 four rooms to give me the small key and the enemies in another room in one of the 4 four rooms to give me the bigkey. I call those enemies the miniboss. And i don't think this game has a miniboss music.

I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies Gclcok3a
Back to top Go down
Puzzledude

Puzzledude

I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies   I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 8:51 am

This is not happening with Alttp engine. One HM room can only drop one key from enemies, but this feature is somewhat bugged and doesn't work most of the time (probably because some other things need to be edited outside HM). It is also impossible to tell the game which enemy should drop the key only with HM.

There is no difference between the actual boss and a miniboss. A boss of any kind will Not drop a key. It will always drop a heartcontainer and lock you out of your inventory.

A knight is Not a miniboss and will not change the music. And you have to much effects in one HM room. You can only have 2 Tags.

Your best option is to have normal knight sprites in NE (northeast). And choose the tag: Defeat enemy (not a boss) in NE to get chest (which has the big key). So you move that chest from SE to NE (only one chest is possible with this effect to have no bugs). The SW (southwest) or W (west) is then "defeat enemy to open doors" = second tag).

You have some luck with the soldier in SE (southeast) because that soldier drops a small key by Alttp default. Not because HM says so, but because Nintendo initially programed it this way.

PS
That blue peg in NW is too close to the door (will bug if comming from the cellar and the blue is up).

PPS
Big-key Door usually only works vertical-up and is always on bg1, no other direction or bg works in the game. You can test this though. If you can make it work vertical-down in bg2, thats improvement. Placing any effect-door in a spot, where theres a standard door in Alttp, might not work.

By the first look of the room, there's too much effect doors in one HM room (1 key door and 2 shutter doors and a big-key door, all in multiple bg-s).
Back to top Go down
Jandazekon

PostSubject: Re: I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies   I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 4:00 pm

Can i change P: 00 on GreenSoldier to P: 15 ?
Back to top Go down
Puzzledude

Puzzledude

PostSubject: Re: I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies   I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Yes, however the additional parameters of the sprites are less important. You will probably see no difference between a P 00 and a P 15 green soldier in the actual game. Just don't put it on P 07, which is a game crash parameter.
Back to top Go down
Jandazekon

PostSubject: Re: I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies   I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 8:11 pm

What button do i press to change P: 0 to P: 15 ?
Since i want to remove the BlueSoldier and use GreenSoldier instead.

The P: value decides if the enemy should drop the key or let another enemy in another room drop it instead. And in room 128. The key sprite has P: set to 18 to make the enemy drop the big key.
Back to top Go down
Spane

PostSubject: Re: I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies   I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:58 am

Question: How Do I Make An Enemy Drop a Key? How Do I Choose Which Enemy Drops the Key?
This is a reasonable question to ask; although long-time Zelda players know that certain enemies drop keys in certain rooms, the Perfect Guide says to just “put the key at 00,3C,2” and pretty much leaves it at that. The actual method is slightly more involved:

Open a clean ROM in Hyrule Magic. Go to Entrance 04, the main entrance to Hyrule Castle.
Click on the “Sprite” checkbox, and then right-click anywhere on the map and choose “Insert An Enemy”. Scroll through the list until you find the “Key” entry and choose Ok. Then, click and drag that sprite to location X:00, Y:3C. Now, press the hyphen (minus) key to make it jump to “BG2”. Finally, press the period key several times until its property (P) value is 18.
Now, press the left arrow key several times, to move to the first sprite in the room. Hit the right arrow key to scroll through the sprites one-by-one, and pay attention to the order of the sprites. Your key sprite will appear directly after the enemy that drops it.
So, click on your key sprite and press “V” or “B” to move it forward or backwards in the order until it is directly after the enemy you want to drop the key. You might have to use the left/right arrow keys to check, in case you lose track of the current order.

From: http://lthzelda.wordpress.com/2009/06/24/lz-3-intermediate-hyrule-magic/#Question8
Back to top Go down
Puzzledude

Puzzledude

PostSubject: Re: I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies   I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:46 am

Nice of you for finding this info, Spane. I never really looked into this, since the drop key never really worked the way I wanted. But one thing is sure, there can only be one drop key for one HM room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies   I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies Empty

Back to top Go down

I want one enemy in one room to give me the small key and one enemy in another room to give me the big key when it dies
Page 1 of 1