This is a forum dedicated to Zelda hacking (specifically A Link To The Past).

HomeGalleryROM MapLatest imagesRAM MapRegisterLog in

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil

Go down 
+3
MOTE
wiiqwertyuiop
Aeranima
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Aeranima

Aeranima

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 9:59 pm

wiiqwertyuiop wrote:
That patch lets overlays work in certain areas, which I think someone mentioned.

Got it! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://hh-zelda-hacking.forumotion.com/t57-the-legend-of-zelda-
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:22 am

Lol. Took a break from pixels and made this. I'm awesome.

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 Tlozroe
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:39 am

[Deleted]

Last edited by Aeranima on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Puzzledude

Puzzledude

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 7:27 am

Regarding the area. You could close that upper two gaps, so that jumps down are not possible. Then it would seem like 2 separate screens in the game, where you dont have global overviews of the areas. The upper tower looks cool, so it's more like a question how to fit it into gfx tile and specially how to achieve these palettes in HM.

Regarding the blocks. Sure you can put many pushable blocks in one room (10 goes as well). But there can only be 99 blocks in the game. Also dont try to put them in the rooms above 255. After the blocks are edited, you must always load a srm save to test it (save states wont work here). Because of the block limitation, it would be much better if one block could be pushed multiple (unlimited) times, or pushed and pulled multiple times. If anyone can do that via asm, let me know.

Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 8:23 am

Ok guys. Your critiques have been noted. But here comes another questions then.

If I remove the jump-down-ledge's at the top, what's the purpose walking up there? XD

-Aeranima
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:05 am

Update:

Scrapped the "Magic Feather" due to the lack of purpose.
Back to top Go down
Puzzledude

Puzzledude

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:15 am

Usually the area is drawn first and the gameplay strategy is done later, and the area is adopted acordingly. Lets say you enter the area from the bottom, then you can reach 3 entrances, which can be inner connected or not. But at least one must be inner connected to the upper tower to get up.

Other possibility is that the bottom 3 entrances are hyrule castle first part. The upper tower is Agahnim, but then you need a flute location to get up. Third possibility is more than one entrance/exit in the upper area. In all cases the jump down functions as a shortcut back.

Remember that you are the author and you have the final word. You can do the gameplay strategy as you like.

Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:19 am

Puzzledude wrote:
Usually the area is drawn first and the gameplay strategy is done later, and the area is adopted acordingly. Lets say you enter the area from the bottom, then you can reach 3 entrances, which can be inner connected or not. But at least one must be inner connected to the upper tower to get up.

Other possibility is that the bottom 3 entrances are hyrule castle first part. The upper tower is Agahnim, but then you need a flute location to get up. Third possibility is more than one entrance/exit in the upper area. In all cases the jump down functions as a shortcut back.

Remember that you are the author and you have the final word. You can do the gameplay strategy as you like.

Indeed. Thanks for making such an effort writing down your personal thoughts. I've posted a thread at pixel joint to get help on the castle design. Hopefully I find someone to help me edit some of the tiles and make Hyrule Castle more professional looking.

-Aeranima
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:38 am

Currently getting ready for the talk with the programmer and I need a quick help here.

I've written:

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 Magneta

The Magnet can be used to attract magnetized objects. If the affected object is stuck in the ground, Link will attract himself.

Here is a list of the objects and enemies that will be affected.

Enemies:
Zazakku (RED)
Zazakku (BLUE)
Sword Trooper (HardBlue)
Sword Soldier (Blue)
Sword Soldier (Green)
Spear Soldier (GrassRed)
Spear Trooper (HardRed)
Spear Soldier (Red)
Spear Soldier (Green)
Chain Chomp
Bow Soldier (Green)
Bow Soldier (Blue)
Bomb Trooper (Red)
Ball & Chain Trooper
Armos

Object:
WIP

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 Lensoftruth

Has the same effect as the "Lantern" but glows in a purple hue instead, and is used to find hidden passages and holes in the ground mainly in the Shadow Temple and a door or two in the Overworld.
The easiest way to program the Lens Of Truth is that once you use it you will activate all HIDDEN doors within the "Passage Grid" you're in and you can only walk through them by then.

Example:
Activate "Lens of Truth" > Enables all "hidden" doors and holes.

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 Ironboots

Used to not become sucked away by great winds mainly in the Sky Temple. Can not be used in water then you'll drown. Mohaha.

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 Caneofliluri

Used to stone enemies which in turn can be moved over buttons on the ground. Can also be used to make platforms like the Cane of Somaria. Has a cast-effect like the Flame Rod.

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 Bombchu

Works the same as the "bomb" but what sets them apart is that Bombchu can be steered on the ground wherever you want within the passage grid. Remote able ONLY on the ground.

Example:
Activate "Bombchu" > Remote able within "Grid"
Timeout "5sec" > Activate sprite "Explode"

Well? Did I leave something out?
Back to top Go down
SePH

SePH

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 7:42 pm

So many new Zelda 3 hacks have started to appear... it's like a dream come true! Yours looks very promising! Those castle graphics are awesome and so are the new items/effects. Don't give up!! Zelda 3 needs new dedicated hackers everyday! Do take into consideration.. once you start hacking this game and start loving it... you won't be able to stop! It will become addictive also, since it's TIME-CONSUMING and NEVER-ENDING. It's like a signed contract with the devil from the moment you start hacking this game!
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:10 pm

SePH wrote:
So many new Zelda 3 hacks have started to appear... it's like a dream come true! Yours looks very promising! Those castle graphics are awesome and so are the new items/effects. Don't give up!! Zelda 3 needs new dedicated hackers everyday! Do take into consideration.. once you start hacking this game and start loving it... you won't be able to stop! It will become addictive also, since it's TIME-CONSUMING and NEVER-ENDING. It's like a signed contract with the devil from the moment you start hacking this game!

Seph, I still need help with graphics. *Blink-blink* ;P But thanks! I know exacly what you're talking about! ^^
Back to top Go down
SePH

SePH

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:26 pm

I wouldn't mind helping out, in which area of the graphics would you need help? Creating graphics sets or inserting them? I could do both depending on your requirements!
Back to top Go down
SePH

SePH

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:02 pm

I'll get right on it! First I'll need an up to scale picture of that castle area since the picture is shrunk, then I'll see if I can take that weigh off your shoulders!
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:37 pm

Thanks Seph! Let me know if I can help you polish something for* your parallel universes! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:41 pm

And for you readers! Head over here too! https://hh-zelda-hacking.forumotion.com/t60-new-header-design cheers
Back to top Go down
SePH

SePH

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:00 pm

Dark world castle? How about with a dark tone instead?

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 Night
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:02 pm

SePH wrote:
Dark world castle? How about with a dark tone instead?

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 Night

This hack will consist (as the original) of both light- and dark world. ^^ And you go crazy on that castle! All I want left is the passage on the left side which will be the secret passage to the castle via "thieve's grove" on the passage grid. ^^
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:13 pm

And to be honest. I think it's best to keep the area lighten up! Link will awaken in hay in a farm house at the outskirt of Kakariko Village during the dawn. I somehow want to go with the rain and therefor I don't want to keep the castle dark. I will probably add the rain temporarily in the light world (around the castle) until aganhim is defeated the first time. Razz

Edit: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAND I think I will keep the dusky overworld tiles for the castle mountain without the contrast and keep the contrast for death mountain! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SePH

SePH

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Well I'm going to do both light and dark world versions of that area and you'll be the judge of what to keep/remove and palettes to re-ajust! Should be done by tommorow night!
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:42 am

SePH wrote:
Well I'm going to do both light and dark world versions of that area and you'll be the judge of what to keep/remove and palettes to re-ajust! Should be done by tommorow night!

My man! Very Happy It's pretty damn late here. Razz 05:42 XD Going to sleep! ^^ Catch you laters bro!

-Aeranima
Back to top Go down
SePH

SePH

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:47 am

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 Image16

And there shall be light!! And maybe I should go to sleep aswell, seeing i'm doing overtime at work tomorrow lol
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:55 am

SePH wrote:

And there shall be light!! And maybe I should go to sleep aswell, seeing i'm doing overtime at work tomorrow lol

Haha, you have fun at work! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Puzzledude

Puzzledude

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:08 am

Aeranima you are fortunate, for SePH created most of all overworlds in any finished Zelda3 complete hack. Also I think you should show him that ship and the gost ship version, since they look awesome and hopefully they will be inserted into the game.
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:26 am

This one?

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 Zelda3iicomparement

Since I wanted an underwater tower popping up in lake hylia there wont be any room for this beauty! I donated it to "pixel joint" or "spriters resources" for someone else to make use of it. Sorry for the .jpeg-upload. Too lazy to upload the right one laying around in another foldier. XD

And yeah, I know seph's work. ^^ That's the reason I blinked him when saying I still need help with graphics. ^^

Go-go power rangers!

-Aeranima

Edit:

Something like this with a big whirl (from Big Zora) in the middle and small whirls around for the mini pillars raising above water. You got a mockup of the tower above water at first page here. Smile

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 95498094
Back to top Go down
Aeranima

Aeranima

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:52 pm

During the wait of Seph's version of the castle I've been polishing this.

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 Pngyh

The dress at the introduction image have been polished, the create/load game screen have been polished as well. I hope you dig!

-Aeranima

Edit: Oh, and I will add a ™ to "Zelda" since it's a trademarked name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil   The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend Of Zelda - Renascence Of Evil
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next